12/27/13: This has to be the one project I failed at and didn’t have the ambition to complete the job. I put it back together and told my father-in-law to take it to a shop for the repair.
The problem laid behind the brake rotor, so I removed the axle nut.
Then the brake rotor itself was removed with 5 bolts. This vehicle is like my VW Bug where the lug nuts are bolts and you have to line the tire up exactly to bolt the tire back on.
The problem had something to do with the axle bearing or something like that. I don’t remember. All I remember was it was cold, I was tired, and I couldn’t get it off without specialty tools.